This Vagabond ...

"The Lord is Good, His Steadfast Love Endures Forever." ~Psalm 100:5

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm Searching

Posted by Ruth72

Have you ever felt like you're searching for something,
and yet not knowing what it is?
That's how I feel right now.
Just when you think that you 'have it all' (duhhh...at least the essentials), it's then that u feel that raw nagging, tugging at your soul.
Maybe that's what they call the primitive void. There's a
void in each and every individual, regardless of who she or
he is. Millionaires experience it, priests feel it deep inside.
It's an empty space no human being or material possession
can fill nor fully satisfy. We're created for it. Destined for it.
I just want to keep searching for that 'thing'.
In my 36 years of roaming this planet, I have experienced
joy, pain, victory, defeat etc in my life.
Lifting a trophy or prize in a karaoke competition can be a grand occassion...
but it fades after a while and everyone seems to forget that
moment of glory of yours. So momentary isn't it?
Passing an exam or receiving award for 'Perkhidmatan
Cemerlang' also can be overwhelmingly uplifting. But they too, will
pass and forgotten. So what lasts forever?
I guess that's what I'm searching for.
Something that lasts forever, to fill that empty, special void inside.
So it means that I'll have to keep on searching :-).

0 comments: